Saturday, March 23, 2013

Masked Shriek Chapter 3

I am a devil. I just act like one.

~~~

"My Prince?"  the swordswoman asked, gently rasping on the door. "Prince Jaron?"

Silence. "My prince, I am entering." She opened the door but saw nothing. "Prince Jaron? Your servant claimed you would be here, your lunch isn't even touched..." The woman closed the door. Realzation swept over her. The prince, heir to the throne, has been kidnapped by the shriek, maybe on the verge of death. "I must tell the king and queen." She quickly walked to the throne room where they sat.

---

"Jaron." I hissed. "Your hair. It's obvious you're a royal." I was talking about how only royals bound their long hair into buns.

"Then cut it off." He snapped.

"Don't snap at me." I muttered and sliced off the bun. His brown hair fell onto his shoulders. I had cut it ragged on purpose. "Now you look better." I claimed.

"This is so uncivilized." He said, which earned a hearty punch in the arm from me. "You're not royalty anymore. You're a runaway, like me, Sal, and half the kingdom." Sal was his dog that was beheaded for running away from him. "You don't have servants, it's just you, yourself, and Jaron." How old was that expression? I don't even care anymore.

An hour later, a young boy with a strong build and what looked to be his girlfriend strode into town. A gang of men hounded on the girl. "Surely, you must think I'm better looking than him." Basically, that's what everyone said. I laughed. I started to run. Jaron followed me, us climbing like monkeys to the roofs. He hopped like frogs out of town and started running as soon as our feet hit the ground.

I cursed my ethereal laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment